RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ridgefield last week:
- The Ridgefield father Kyle Seitz, 36, charged with negligent homicide after leaving his son in a hot car was granted permission to leave the state to visit his family over the holidays, according to the Hearst Connecticut Media Group.
- Ridgefield resident Chad Krys was named a Top 10 prospect for the 2016 NHL draft by International Scouting Services, according to the Ridgefield Press.
- The Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk metropolitan area has been rated as the most unequal place in America by Business Insider .
- Nine families who were direct victims of the Sandy Hook School shootings two years ago filed a lawsuit in Bridgeport Superior Court against the manufacturer, seller and distributor of the weapon used in the deadly shootings, according to NBC Connecticut.
- The town of Ridgefield approved a measure to work with the Maurice Sendak Foundatio n in an effort to create a museum dedicated to the famed children's author who called Ridgefield home for 40 years, according to The Hartford Courant.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.