FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Ridgefield native Matt White and New Canaan’s Charlie Streep, both members of the men’s lacrosse team at the University of Virginia, were claimed by teams in the Major League Lacrosse Draft last week.
White was drafted in the fourth round by the Charlotte Hounds. Streep was drafted in 2012 by the New York Lizards in the seventh round. The New York team retained his rights after he missed the 2012 season due to injury.
White has 55 goals in 36 starts during his career at Virginia. He made the 2011 NCAA all-tournament team when he scored eight goals in a first-round overtime win over Bucknell. He has seen time at attack and midfield at Virginia and has 91 career points.
Streep transferred to Virginia from Bucknell in the fall. He went to Virginia for graduate school to use his final year of eligibility. Streep, a midfield, played at New Canaan High School and Loomis Chaffee. He led Bucknell to the 2011 Patriot League title and a berth in the NCAA Tournament. He has 76 career goals.
- 1 Man Apprehended After Assault, Police Chase That Ends On Ridgefield Border
- 2 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Ridgefield
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Scattered Showers Will Clear Out Of Ridgefield By Evening