DANBURY, Conn. -- NCAA President Mark Emmert is set to deliver a speech in February at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury.
Emmert will deliver the WCSU President's Lecture at 7:30 p.m., Feb. 5, at Ives Concert Hal. Emmert has served as NCAA president since 2010.
"In his lecture at WCSU, Emmert will discuss the mission of the association and intercollegiate athletic programs at all division levels in promoting core values of competitive and academic success and well-rounded personal development among student-athletes," representatives said.
"It's our job to help those student-athletes who give everything they have to their studies and their sport, and turn those experiences into skills that will propel them into the future they have earned and deserve," Emmert said in his message on the NCAA website.
Admission is free and open to the public. For more information, residents can contact the WCSU Office of the President at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Office of University Relations at 203-837-8486.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 4 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 5 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield