DANBURY, Conn. -- Artists will visit Danbury's Western Connecticut State University for the Master of Fine Arts in Art lecture series this fall.
The talks are free and the public is invited to attend. The lectures "consist of slides depicting the artist’s work, ranging from plush landscapes and palatial interiors to still lifes and vivid portraits," according to the release.
The Sept. 26 lecture will be in Viewing Room 1, and all others in Viewing Room 2 of White Hall on the university’s Midtown campus, 181 White St. The lectures begin at 11 a.m.
Scheduled lectures include illustrator Scott Bakal on Sept. 26, painter Robert Berlind on Oct. 7, illustrator Ed Tuttle on Oct. 21, painter Vincent Arcilesi on Nov. 4 and painter Jim Peters on Nov. 18.
For more information, including biographies of the artists, contact the Office of University Relations at 203-837-8486.
- 1 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Ridgefield