RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Ridgefield Public Schools will be giving students Chromebooks as part of the new "1:1" Digital Learning Initiative.
Beginning in September, all students at East Ridge Middle School and Scotts Ridge Middle School will receive a Chromebook. Students will use the device in and outside of school as a means to optimize learning through research, communication, collaboration, creation, and education, the district announced. In addition, they will have access to and feedback from their teachers and peers in real time, enhancing the learning experience even more.
According to the district, students will use an assigned RPS Chromebook and digital resources to:
- Engage in learning through digital tools
- Research, create, produce, and share knowledge
- Increase personalized learning through process, product, and content
- Collaborate and communicate with others
- Increase access to 21st century skills and authentic learning experiences
- Organize assignments, notes, resources, assignments, etc.
- Learn and apply principles and concepts of Digital Citizenship
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.