FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — The following students from Fairfield County were finalists in the 2016 U.S. Presidential Scholars program:
- Evan DeBenedetto of Ansonia, a senior at Saint Joseph High School in Trumbull
- Katie F. Tsui, a senior at Darien High School
- Amit Gupta of Monroe, a senior at Masuk High School
- Gunnar P. Smith, a senior at Ridgefield High School
- Tanusri V. Balla of Stamford, a senior at the Academy of Information Technology & Engineering
- Olivia H Belliveau, of Stratford, a senior at Frank S. Bunnell High School
- Michael Zhou of Westport, a senior at the Hopkins School
The U.S. Presidential Scholars Program was established in 1964, by executive order of the President, to recognize and honor some of our nation's most distinguished graduating high school seniors.
Scholars are invited to Washington, D.C., for several days in June to receive the scholars medallion at a recognition ceremony.