DANBURY, Conn. -- Western Connecticut State University in Danbury will close at 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, due to falling temperatures and icy conditions, it said on Twitter and Facebook.
With falling temperatures, areas previously treated with salt will ice up once again, WCSU said.
Faculty are encouraged to make use of Tuesday’s reading day if needed to deal with classes canceled Monday evening, WCSU said.
"We apologize to the community for the difficulties many encountered today. Our facilities staff worked steadily throughout the day but temperatures did not go up as forecast this morning, leading to re-icing in many areas," WCSU said in a statement.
"Today's experience will be used to guide future decisions. University staff is monitoring weather conditions for tomorrow and will announce any changes through the established channels, including mass notification (MIR 3), the alert section of the WCSU home page and social media."
- 1 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 2 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 3 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 4 2 Arrested As Food Fight Turns Violent At Denny's In Danbury
- 5 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital