DANBURY, Conn. -- Western Connecticut State University in Danbury will close at 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, due to falling temperatures and icy conditions, it said on Twitter and Facebook.
With falling temperatures, areas previously treated with salt will ice up once again, WCSU said.
Faculty are encouraged to make use of Tuesday’s reading day if needed to deal with classes canceled Monday evening, WCSU said.
"We apologize to the community for the difficulties many encountered today. Our facilities staff worked steadily throughout the day but temperatures did not go up as forecast this morning, leading to re-icing in many areas," WCSU said in a statement.
"Today's experience will be used to guide future decisions. University staff is monitoring weather conditions for tomorrow and will announce any changes through the established channels, including mass notification (MIR 3), the alert section of the WCSU home page and social media."
- 1 Police: Bullet Holes Found In Cars In Ridgefield
- 2 Ridgefield's Boehringer Ingelheim CEO Pledges To Fight Colon Cancer
- 3 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Greenwich's Joan Lunden Ready To Move On After Finishing Cancer Treatment
- 5 Jon Hamm Completes New Canaan Rehab Stint On Eve Of 'Mad Men' Return