DANBURY, Conn. -- Western Connecticut State University in Danbury will close at 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, due to falling temperatures and icy conditions, it said on Twitter and Facebook.
With falling temperatures, areas previously treated with salt will ice up once again, WCSU said.
Faculty are encouraged to make use of Tuesday’s reading day if needed to deal with classes canceled Monday evening, WCSU said.
"We apologize to the community for the difficulties many encountered today. Our facilities staff worked steadily throughout the day but temperatures did not go up as forecast this morning, leading to re-icing in many areas," WCSU said in a statement.
"Today's experience will be used to guide future decisions. University staff is monitoring weather conditions for tomorrow and will announce any changes through the established channels, including mass notification (MIR 3), the alert section of the WCSU home page and social media."
- 1 Prospector Theater In Ridgefield Featured On 'NBC Nightly News'
- 2 Head Of Bikram Yoga, With Ridgefield Outlet, Faces Sex Assault Allegations
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Ridgefield Store Clerk Charged In Underage Detail
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Ridgefield Overnight