DANBURY, Conn. -- Western Connecticut State University in Danbury will close at 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, due to falling temperatures and icy conditions, it said on Twitter and Facebook.
With falling temperatures, areas previously treated with salt will ice up once again, WCSU said.
Faculty are encouraged to make use of Tuesday’s reading day if needed to deal with classes canceled Monday evening, WCSU said.
"We apologize to the community for the difficulties many encountered today. Our facilities staff worked steadily throughout the day but temperatures did not go up as forecast this morning, leading to re-icing in many areas," WCSU said in a statement.
"Today's experience will be used to guide future decisions. University staff is monitoring weather conditions for tomorrow and will announce any changes through the established channels, including mass notification (MIR 3), the alert section of the WCSU home page and social media."
- 1 Man Apprehended After Assault, Police Chase That Ends On Ridgefield Border
- 2 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Ridgefield
- 3 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Ridgefield
- 4 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money