RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – A New York woman was arrested on shoplifting charges after allegedly taking nearly $100 worth of items from Stop & Shop, Ridgefield police said.
Security at Stop & Shop, 125 Danbury Road, called Ridgefield police at 3:28 p.m. Dec. 13 with a shoplifting complaint.
Therese Levinsky, 65, of South Salem, was stopped by security with $93.91 worth of merchandise, according to the police report.
Police charged Levinsky with sixth-degree misdemeanor larceny. She was released on a written promise to appear and is due at Danbury Superior Court on Jan. 2.
- 1 Dad Charged In Son's Death In Hot Car In Ridgefield Allowed To Leave State
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Ridgefield
- 3 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Fairfield County