RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – A New York woman was arrested on shoplifting charges after allegedly taking nearly $100 worth of items from Stop & Shop, Ridgefield police said.
Security at Stop & Shop, 125 Danbury Road, called Ridgefield police at 3:28 p.m. Dec. 13 with a shoplifting complaint.
Therese Levinsky, 65, of South Salem, was stopped by security with $93.91 worth of merchandise, according to the police report.
Police charged Levinsky with sixth-degree misdemeanor larceny. She was released on a written promise to appear and is due at Danbury Superior Court on Jan. 2.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Ridgefield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Police Issue Alert for Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Ridgefield Must Prepare
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire