RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – A New York woman was arrested on shoplifting charges after allegedly taking nearly $100 worth of items from Stop & Shop, Ridgefield police said.
Security at Stop & Shop, 125 Danbury Road, called Ridgefield police at 3:28 p.m. Dec. 13 with a shoplifting complaint.
Therese Levinsky, 65, of South Salem, was stopped by security with $93.91 worth of merchandise, according to the police report.
Police charged Levinsky with sixth-degree misdemeanor larceny. She was released on a written promise to appear and is due at Danbury Superior Court on Jan. 2.
- 1 Ridgefield Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 2 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Ridgefield
- 4 Ridgefield Police Help Put Brothers Behind Bars For Home Invasion Spree
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Ridgefield