RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – A New York woman was arrested on shoplifting charges after allegedly taking nearly $100 worth of items from Stop & Shop, Ridgefield police said.
Security at Stop & Shop, 125 Danbury Road, called Ridgefield police at 3:28 p.m. Dec. 13 with a shoplifting complaint.
Therese Levinsky, 65, of South Salem, was stopped by security with $93.91 worth of merchandise, according to the police report.
Police charged Levinsky with sixth-degree misdemeanor larceny. She was released on a written promise to appear and is due at Danbury Superior Court on Jan. 2.
- 1 Woman, 35, Seriously Injured In Crash On I-84 Near Ridgefield
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact Ridgefield On Wednesday
- 3 Ridgefield Is Safest Place In Connecticut, According To SafeWise
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 14 Silver Spring Park Road Is The Ridgefield Daily Voice House Of The Week