RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – A Ridgefield police cruiser was struck by a car early Friday while an officer was making a routine traffic stop, police report.
Heather Medick, 30, of Bridgeport, was driving on Ethan Allen Highway just after 1 a.m. when her vehicle allegedly struck the police car, according to the police.
The extent of damage to damage to the police car was not know, but police said the officer was not injured.
Medick was stopped a short time after the incident and charged with driving under the influence, evading responsibility and failing to move over for a stationary emergency vehicle. Bond was set at $1,000 bond and Medick appeared in Danbury Superior Court on Friday. The outcome of her court appearance was not known.
- 1 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 2 Showers, Thunderstorms Could Spoil Ridgefield's Memorial Day
- 3 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 4 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol
- 5 Several Fairfield County Communities Rank Among The Best To Live In