RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – A Ridgefield police cruiser was struck by a car early Friday while an officer was making a routine traffic stop, police report.
Heather Medick, 30, of Bridgeport, was driving on Ethan Allen Highway just after 1 a.m. when her vehicle allegedly struck the police car, according to the police.
The extent of damage to damage to the police car was not know, but police said the officer was not injured.
Medick was stopped a short time after the incident and charged with driving under the influence, evading responsibility and failing to move over for a stationary emergency vehicle. Bond was set at $1,000 bond and Medick appeared in Danbury Superior Court on Friday. The outcome of her court appearance was not known.
- 1 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 3 Ridgefield Resident Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School
- 5 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead