RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – A Ridgefield police cruiser was struck by a car early Friday while an officer was making a routine traffic stop, police report.
Heather Medick, 30, of Bridgeport, was driving on Ethan Allen Highway just after 1 a.m. when her vehicle allegedly struck the police car, according to the police.
The extent of damage to damage to the police car was not know, but police said the officer was not injured.
Medick was stopped a short time after the incident and charged with driving under the influence, evading responsibility and failing to move over for a stationary emergency vehicle. Bond was set at $1,000 bond and Medick appeared in Danbury Superior Court on Friday. The outcome of her court appearance was not known.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Ridgefield
- 2 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Greenwich's Joan Lunden Ready To Move On After Finishing Cancer Treatment
- 4 Jon Hamm Completes New Canaan Rehab Stint On Eve Of 'Mad Men' Return
- 5 Ridgefield Man Charged With Assault In Downtown Punching Incident