RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- A 24-year-old man from Ridgefield was driving the car that hit and killed a 15-year-old girl who was walking along a town road last Friday night, the NewsTimes.com reported.
But Ridgefield police did not release the name of the driver who hit and killed Emma Sandhu on Ridgebury Road, the NewsTimes.com said. The driver remained at the scene after the accident and cooperated with police officers, the NewsTimes.com said. No charges have been filed, and the investigation continues.
Emma was a sophomore at Ridgefield High School who enjoyed dancing, especially ballet. She was walking with a group of friends when the accident occurred about 9:30 p.m. March 14. Emma lived on Benson Road, which is a short distance from the accident scene.
Read more about the accident and about Emma here on the Daily Voice.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Emma E. Sandhu Scholarship Fund, Ridgefield High School, 700 N. Salem Road, Ridgefield, CT 06877.
Read the full story here at the NewsTimes.com website.
- 1 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts
- 2 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 3 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 4 Ridgefield Resident Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Philadelphia Museum Returns Most Of Maurice Sendak Collection To Ridgefield