Contact Us
Ridgefield Daily Voice serves Ridgefield, CT
Return to your home site

Menu

Ridgefield Daily Voice serves Ridgefield, CT

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Ridgefield Fire Damages Home, But Family, Dog Are Unharmed

A fire that began on a stovetop Monday, Dec. 7, spread to cabinets and through the second floor floorboards of a rented home on Ridgebury Road in Ridgefield
A fire that began on a stovetop Monday, Dec. 7, spread to cabinets and through the second floor floorboards of a rented home on Ridgebury Road in Ridgefield Photo Credit: Google Maps

RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- A family was displaced after a fire that began on a stovetop Monday, Dec. 7, spread to cabinets and through the second floor floorboards of a rented home on Ridgebury Road in Ridgefield, according to the Ridgefield Press website.

The home is owned by John Katz, a member of the Planning and Zoning Commission, who lives next door, the story said. Katz used a fire extinguisher to put most of the fire on the stove, said the Press.

Firefighters arrived and rescued the family's dog from the second floor, the Press said.

Read the full story here .

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Ridgefield Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.