RIDGEFIELD, Conn. — A powerful overnight storm knocked down trees and power lines across Ridgefield, causing a large power outage, closing all the town's schools for the day and blocking a few roads.
As of 1 p.m., 1,237 customers, or about 11 percent of the town, were without power, Eversource said.
There were 17 trees down in roadways, 15 trees with wires down, nine roads blocked, three broken utility poles, and two broken transformers overnight, Ridgefield Police Capt. Jeffery Kreitz told the Ridgefield Press.
Repairs were underway, but the closed roads included:
- 126 Lounsbury Road,
- North Street near Barlow Mountain Road,
- Nod Road between Branchvhille Road and Whipstick,
- Oscaleta Road near West Mountain Road,
- Peaceable Street near Westmoreland, and
- Washington Street near Rochambeau.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.