RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- The family of a former Ridgefield resident is questioning the account of the events that led to his being shot recently, according to the NewsTimes.com.
Officials said Tony Ribeiro, 48, was shot after he threatened an off-duty county sheriff with a wine bottle after he was caught having sex with his girlfriend in an apartment complex pool, the NewsTimes.com reported.
The deputy sheriff identified himself and asked Ribeiro and his girlfriend to leave, which they did, only to return, according to the account. It was then that police say Ribeiro attempted to attack Alfonso with the wine bottle, NewsTimes.com said.
Alfonso shot Ribeiro with five rounds--three in the chest and abdomen and one in each arm, the NewsTimes said. Ribeiro remains in critical condition, according to NewsTimes.com.
- 1 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 3 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Ridgefield
- 4 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Fairfield's Max Maisel
- 5 Wooster School Recognizes Ridgefield Student For Outstanding Citizenship