RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- The family of a former Ridgefield resident is questioning the account of the events that led to his being shot recently, according to the NewsTimes.com.
Officials said Tony Ribeiro, 48, was shot after he threatened an off-duty county sheriff with a wine bottle after he was caught having sex with his girlfriend in an apartment complex pool, the NewsTimes.com reported.
The deputy sheriff identified himself and asked Ribeiro and his girlfriend to leave, which they did, only to return, according to the account. It was then that police say Ribeiro attempted to attack Alfonso with the wine bottle, NewsTimes.com said.
Alfonso shot Ribeiro with five rounds--three in the chest and abdomen and one in each arm, the NewsTimes said. Ribeiro remains in critical condition, according to NewsTimes.com.
- 1 Prospector Theater In Ridgefield Featured On 'NBC Nightly News'
- 2 Ridgefield Store Clerk Charged In Underage Detail
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Ridgefield Voters OK Sale Of Schlumberger Property For $4.3M
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks