RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- The family of a former Ridgefield resident is questioning the account of the events that led to his being shot recently, according to the NewsTimes.com.
Officials said Tony Ribeiro, 48, was shot after he threatened an off-duty county sheriff with a wine bottle after he was caught having sex with his girlfriend in an apartment complex pool, the NewsTimes.com reported.
The deputy sheriff identified himself and asked Ribeiro and his girlfriend to leave, which they did, only to return, according to the account. It was then that police say Ribeiro attempted to attack Alfonso with the wine bottle, NewsTimes.com said.
Alfonso shot Ribeiro with five rounds--three in the chest and abdomen and one in each arm, the NewsTimes said. Ribeiro remains in critical condition, according to NewsTimes.com.
- 1 Ridgefield's Boehringer Ingelheim CEO Pledges To Fight Colon Cancer
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Ridgefield
- 3 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Greenwich's Joan Lunden Ready To Move On After Finishing Cancer Treatment
- 5 Jon Hamm Completes New Canaan Rehab Stint On Eve Of 'Mad Men' Return