RIDGEFIELD, Conn. ‒ UPDATE 4 p.m. Power has been restored to all but 23 customers.
Connecticut Light & Power reported that 255 Ridgefield customers were without power Monday afternoon.
Downed wires were reported on Bennetts Farm Road around 1:45 p.m. Monday, Ridgefield Police said.
At the height of the outage, five percent of the town, or 568 customers, was without power.
Fire Chief Heather Burford said the road was blocked and a CL&P crew was en route to the scene. She said school buses were being assisted by the department.
As of 2:20 p.m. it was unclear how long it would take to restore power.
Check back with The Daily Voice for more information.
- 1 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 2 14 Silver Spring Park Road Is The Ridgefield Daily Voice House Of The Week
- 3 Letter: Ridgefield Resident Calls For Competent Leadership
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 First Niagara To Close Bank Branch In Ridgefield