RIDGEFIELD, Conn. ‒ UPDATE 4 p.m. Power has been restored to all but 23 customers.
Connecticut Light & Power reported that 255 Ridgefield customers were without power Monday afternoon.
Downed wires were reported on Bennetts Farm Road around 1:45 p.m. Monday, Ridgefield Police said.
At the height of the outage, five percent of the town, or 568 customers, was without power.
Fire Chief Heather Burford said the road was blocked and a CL&P crew was en route to the scene. She said school buses were being assisted by the department.
As of 2:20 p.m. it was unclear how long it would take to restore power.
Check back with The Daily Voice for more information.
- 1 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 4 Ridgefield's Assistant Superintendent Leaving For Top Post In Suffield
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed