Contact Us
Ridgefield Daily Voice serves Ridgefield, CT

Menu

Ridgefield Daily Voice serves Ridgefield, CT

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Dish Towel Sparks Fire At Senior Living Facility In Ridgefield

Ridgefield Crossings is at 640 Danbury Road.
Ridgefield Crossings is at 640 Danbury Road. Photo Credit: Ridgefield Crossings

RIDGEFIELD, Conn. — A blaze at an assisted living facility in Ridgefield began when a dishtowel a resident was heating in a microwave caught fire, according to NBC Connecticut.

When crews arrived at Ridgefield Crossings on Danbury Road at about 9 a.m. Sunday, the sprinkler system had contained the fire, NBC Connecticut said.

No injuries were reported, but the unit sustained significant smoke and water damage from the fire, NBC said.

Click here to read the story at the NBC Connecticut website.

Share this story

comment

0 Read / Add Comment

Welcome to

Ridgefield Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.