RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - MaryJane (Frend) Turnbull of Ridgefield died Sunday, March 24. She was 81.
Turnbull was born in Stamford on Feb. 22, 1932, daughter of John and Hazel (Chamberlain) Frend and was raised and educated in Stamford.
She worked for a time at Bloomingdale’s and then became a corporate receptionist. A resident of Ridgefield since 1992 coming from Weston, she participated in the activities of Founders Hall.
Turnbull is survived by son, Robert W. Turnbull of Ridgefield; daughters, Donna Elsy of Fairfield, Robin R. Higgins of Mesa, Ariz. and Victoria “Tori” Hall of South Salem, N.Y.; five grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; brother, Roderick Frend.
Calling hours are Thursday from 2 to 5 p.m. in the Kane Funeral Home, 25 Catoonah St., Ridgefield with a Prayer Service at 4 p.m. with Chaplin Norma Schmidt officiating. Interment will take place at the direction of the family.
Contributions in Turnbull’s memory may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association, Connecticut Chapter, 2075, Silas Deane Highway, Suite 100, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
- 1 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 2 14 Silver Spring Park Road Is The Ridgefield Daily Voice House Of The Week
- 3 Letter: Ridgefield Resident Calls For Competent Leadership
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 First Niagara To Close Bank Branch In Ridgefield