RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Monday is Columbus Day, a federal holiday. Here’s a look at some places that will be open or closed on in Ridgefield.
- Ridgefield Public Schools
- The Ridgefield Public Library
- All Ridgefield Town Hall and Board of Education offices
- Most banks will be closed, but call your branch ahead of time to be sure.
- Post Office branches
- All state offices and courthouses
- All federal offices and courthouses not already closed by the government shutdown
Supermarkets, restaurants, bars, liquor stores and other retail locations are open. However, these places may be operating on a Sunday schedule or special holiday hours. It’s a good idea to call ahead before heading out to any of these establishments.
Metro-North trains will run on a regular weekday schedule.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.