RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- A Ridgefield woman was sentenced to five years of supervised release for embezzling $30,000 from the Fairfield Housing Authority, according to Acting U.S. Attorney for Connecticut Deirdre M. Daly.
Elizabeth Jo Gutierrez, 47, served as executive director for the Fairfield Housing Authority from July 2010 to December 2011. During the summer of 2011, Gutierrez issued two checks, each in the amount of $15,000, from the Fairfield Housing Authority’s checking account and deposited them into her own checking account, the statement said.
Gutierrez pleaded guilty June 4 to one count of theft concerning programs receiving federal funds. She was ordered to pay $30,000 restitution and will serve the first six months of her sentence under home confinement under electronic supervision. .
- 1 9 Danbury Condos Sustain Damage In Fire Sparked By Lightning
- 2 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 5 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account