RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- A Ridgefield woman was sentenced to five years of supervised release for embezzling $30,000 from the Fairfield Housing Authority, according to Acting U.S. Attorney for Connecticut Deirdre M. Daly.
Elizabeth Jo Gutierrez, 47, served as executive director for the Fairfield Housing Authority from July 2010 to December 2011. During the summer of 2011, Gutierrez issued two checks, each in the amount of $15,000, from the Fairfield Housing Authority’s checking account and deposited them into her own checking account, the statement said.
Gutierrez pleaded guilty June 4 to one count of theft concerning programs receiving federal funds. She was ordered to pay $30,000 restitution and will serve the first six months of her sentence under home confinement under electronic supervision. .
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Ridgefield
- 2 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Fairfield County
- 4 New French Café In Ridgefield Serves Up Crêpes, Quiche
- 5 Former Ridgefield Teacher Named To Top Interim Post In Norwalk