Updated: WILTON, Conn. -- A Ridgefield motorist was injured after slamming his vehicle into a tree at 385 Nod Hill Road in Wilton at about 12:20 p.m. Tuesday, police said.
The 36-year-old Ridgefield man was taken to Norwalk Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries as a result of the crash, said Lt. Donald Wakeman of the Wilton Police Department.
The driver's side airbag deployed on the 2004 Nissan Pathfinder due to the force of the collision, Wakeman said.
It's unknown what caused the midday accident, police said.
The road was closed to traffic as police, fire and paramedics responded to the scene.
- 1 Ridgefield Man Charged With Assault In Downtown Punching Incident
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Ridgefield
- 3 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 4 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Ridgefield For Saturday
- 5 Sandy Hook Riders For Gun Control To Stop In Ridgefield