Updated: WILTON, Conn. -- A Ridgefield motorist was injured after slamming his vehicle into a tree at 385 Nod Hill Road in Wilton at about 12:20 p.m. Tuesday, police said.
The 36-year-old Ridgefield man was taken to Norwalk Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries as a result of the crash, said Lt. Donald Wakeman of the Wilton Police Department.
The driver's side airbag deployed on the 2004 Nissan Pathfinder due to the force of the collision, Wakeman said.
It's unknown what caused the midday accident, police said.
The road was closed to traffic as police, fire and paramedics responded to the scene.
- 1 Woman, 35, Seriously Injured In Crash On I-84 Near Ridgefield
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact Ridgefield On Wednesday
- 3 Ridgefield Is Safest Place In Connecticut, According To SafeWise
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 14 Silver Spring Park Road Is The Ridgefield Daily Voice House Of The Week