Updated: WILTON, Conn. -- A Ridgefield motorist was injured after slamming his vehicle into a tree at 385 Nod Hill Road in Wilton at about 12:20 p.m. Tuesday, police said.
The 36-year-old Ridgefield man was taken to Norwalk Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries as a result of the crash, said Lt. Donald Wakeman of the Wilton Police Department.
The driver's side airbag deployed on the 2004 Nissan Pathfinder due to the force of the collision, Wakeman said.
It's unknown what caused the midday accident, police said.
The road was closed to traffic as police, fire and paramedics responded to the scene.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store
- 3 9 Danbury Condos Sustain Damage In Fire Sparked By Lightning
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care