RIDGEIELD, Conn. – The Ridgefield Fire Department is urging residents to keep their generators outside of their homes, basements and garages.
According to First Selectman Rudy Marconi, the department has had an increase in the number of calls about possible carbon-monoxide poisoning.
“With everything going on we’re asking people to just be safe, take their generator put them outside they don’t belong in the garage, they don’t belong in the basement, they belong outside,” Marconi said.
There has been one case of carbon-monoxide poisoning from Ridgefield reported at Norwalk Hospital, of the 30 cases being handled, and others reported at Danbury Hospital as well, Marconi said.
The department asks residents to install a carbon- monoxide detector, which can be purchased from a hardware store and are easily installed, if one is not already installed in the home.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.