RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ridgefield this week:
- Ridgefield Fire Chief Heather Burford announced she will leave her post after accepting a conditional job offer to be the new chief of the Seminole County Fire Department in Florida.
- Ridgefield's Mary E. Gruber, 53, was arrested on charges of aggravated driving while intoxicated in Lewisboro, N.Y., police said
- Alexander Scott Lee, 21, was arrested in connection with the car accident that killed Weston cyclist Thomas Steinert-Threlkeld in October, police said.
- Four people were killed and 63 injured after a Metro-North passenger train derailed in the Bronx, N.Y., near the Spuyten Duyvil station. The engineer was reportedly suspended without pay.
- New Canaan’s Kelsey Durkin, a senior at Washington and Lee University, was killed in a car accident in Virginia near campus.
- UConn chemistry professor Gabriel Fenteany, 46, was placed on administrative leave after he was charged with vandalizing "high-end cars" while drunk in Greenwich, police said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.