UPDATED AS OF 6 p.m., Nov. 1
RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – With Ridgefield on its way to power restoration, the town wants to make sure that residents are kept up to date as to what is going on around town. Here are some updates sent out by the town:
- People must register with FEMA for disaster assistance as soon as possible. Call 1-800-621- FEMA (800-621-3362) or go to disasterassistance.gov website.
- Water and MRE’s are available at Yanity Gym from 9 a.m. to 4 p,m. Enter from the Governor Street side.
- Founders Hall is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday for all adult residents looking for a quiet place to work, use WiFi or charge. Membership not required.
- Open Burning is suspended until further notice.
- Public Information Posting locations are: Town Hall, Parks & Rec, Founder’s Hall, Ancona’s, Stop & Shop, Ridgebury Fire Station 2 and the Valero Gas Station at the Route 7/Danbury Road intersection.
- Parks & Recreation at 195 Danbury Road is open for all residents as a shelter.
- Drinking water filling stations are set up at the Ridgefield Playhouse, Parks & Recreation and
- Fire Station 2 on Old Stagecoach Road. Non-drinking water is available at Fire Station 2 only.
- The Transfer Station is open from 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. through Sunday for free disposal of storm-related brush and food waste for non-commercial residents. The Recycling Center is open its normal hours.
- Schools are closed Frida. SAT’S that were scheduled for Saturday have been cancelled and rescheduled for Nov. 17.
- Superintendent Deborah Low will be sending out a school update Friday afternoon.
- The Fire Department has requested, due to an increased number of responses for possible carbon monoxide poisoning, to please keep your generator out of your home, garage and basement. And you must use carbon monoxide detectors.
- Volunteers are needed. Please call 203-431-2348, 203- 431-2350 and 203-431-2351.
- Please continue to check on your neighbors, and always dial 911 for emergencies.
- 1 Police: Bullet Holes Found In Cars In Ridgefield
- 2 Ridgefield's Boehringer Ingelheim CEO Pledges To Fight Colon Cancer
- 3 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Greenwich's Joan Lunden Ready To Move On After Finishing Cancer Treatment
- 5 Jon Hamm Completes New Canaan Rehab Stint On Eve Of 'Mad Men' Return