RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ridgefield last week:
- The mother of the 15-month-old Ridgefield boy who died July 7 after his father left him in a hot car all day recently told The Stamford Advocate that the family is coping.
- Branchville Road opened to traffic although cleanup continued after a two-car crash on Wednesday, Nov. 19.
- A woman was struck and killed by a Metro-North train in the early morning of Monday, Nov. 17 near the South Norwalk train station, spokesman Marjorie Anders said.
- A 91-year-old Stratford woman, Stella Antanantis, who was mauled by her own dog died at Bridgeport Hospital .
- A two-car crash Wednesday Nov. 19 at the intersection of Routes 6 and 22 left seven people hospitalized, according to the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
- Ridgefield recently was named the safest community in Connecticut by Value Penguin, a personal finance research and analysis site.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.