RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- The destruction of a 19th-century building in Ridgefield continues to gain support after the Architectural Advisory Committee approved the demolition of the structure at 27 Governor St. recently, according to the Ridgefield Press.
The building is slated to be demolished to make way for the new headquarters of the Visiting Nurse's Association, but the decision is coming under fire due to the potential historical significance of the home, the Ridgefield Press reported.
The demolition will now be reviewed by Planning and Zoning Commission, the Ridgefield Press said.
- 1 Ridgefield Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Ridgefield
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Ridgefield
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield