RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- The destruction of a 19th-century building in Ridgefield continues to gain support after the Architectural Advisory Committee approved the demolition of the structure at 27 Governor St. recently, according to the Ridgefield Press.
The building is slated to be demolished to make way for the new headquarters of the Visiting Nurse's Association, but the decision is coming under fire due to the potential historical significance of the home, the Ridgefield Press reported.
The demolition will now be reviewed by Planning and Zoning Commission, the Ridgefield Press said.
- 1 Dad Charged In Son's Death In Hot Car In Ridgefield Allowed To Leave State
- 2 Ridgefield's Chad Krys Named Top Prospect For NHL Draft
- 3 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Ridgefield