RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ridgefield this week:
- A 15-year-old girl died Friday night after she was struck by a car while walking along a dark road in Ridgefield.
- A gas explosion in Harlem killed at least eight people and shut down all Metro-North service for hours.
- Initial investigations into the fire on Crane Street that killed a 47-year-old woman and her 19-year-old daughter show that there were no workings smoke alarms in the house that could have alerted the residents.
- A Danbury resident and teacher Michael Maida, 44, at the Convent of the Sacred Heart turned himself in to Greenwich police after a warrant was issued for his arrest on charges of having inappropriate sexual contact with a student.
Two teens John Arredondo, 19 and Denzel Riddick, 19 of Norwalk was arrested in connection with a stabbing in South Norwalk.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Ridgefield
- 2 Ridgefield Man Charged With Assault In Downtown Punching Incident
- 3 Greenwich's Joan Lunden Ready To Move On After Finishing Cancer Treatment
- 4 Jon Hamm Completes New Canaan Rehab Stint On Eve Of 'Mad Men' Return
- 5 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport