RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ridgefield this week:
- A 15-year-old girl died Friday night after she was struck by a car while walking along a dark road in Ridgefield.
- A gas explosion in Harlem killed at least eight people and shut down all Metro-North service for hours.
- Initial investigations into the fire on Crane Street that killed a 47-year-old woman and her 19-year-old daughter show that there were no workings smoke alarms in the house that could have alerted the residents.
- A Danbury resident and teacher Michael Maida, 44, at the Convent of the Sacred Heart turned himself in to Greenwich police after a warrant was issued for his arrest on charges of having inappropriate sexual contact with a student.
Two teens John Arredondo, 19 and Denzel Riddick, 19 of Norwalk was arrested in connection with a stabbing in South Norwalk.
- 1 Ridgefield High School Officials Investigate Reports Of Hazing, Bullying
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact Ridgefield On Wednesday
- 3 Woman, 35, Seriously Injured In Crash On I-84 Near Ridgefield
- 4 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Ridgefield Skies Sunday
- 5 Ridgefield Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday