RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Spring is here ... and that means breaking out some new looks.
Ridgefield, Conn. resident Paula Kelliher, area director of marketing for The Westchester in White Plains, says she's seeing lots of florals, stripes and the appearance of white in everything from tops to bottoms, dresses, loungewear, shoes, and even home goods. "You name it, you'll see it," she said. "The vibrant, bright colors just make you feel happy; there's no other way to describe it."
Other trends to watch out for:
- The bare shoulder is in. "It's one of the hottest looks," said Kelliher, who said it's sexy and cool. "You'll see tops at Neiman's, Nordstrom's and Anthropologie in a variety of price points."
- Great stripes in tops and bottoms at J. Crew with a very savvy look.
- Expect right off the runway beautiful floral dresses at L.K. Bennett.
- The soft, light lip is in. Nars has a fabulous line of nudes, said Kelliher. Smokey eyes are still prevalent for nighttime.
- The floral look extends to shoes and bags -- Aldo is one retailer showing off floral pumps, with Gucci featuring gorgeous floral signature Gucci bags.
- These looks transcend to home décor as evidenced in bright floral pillows at Pottery Barn.
- Gladiator shoes remain popular. Nordstrom's has an array of options from flats to lace ups as well as wedges with ankle lacing.
- Orange is the new black for spring and summer. "Orange is popping up in pant suits, in dresses, as a very monochromatic look," said Kelliher.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.