RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- The Ridgefield Visiting Nurse Association will host a forum on "Responding to the Opioid epidemic," on Wednesday, April 27, from 8:15-9:30 a.m.
Heroin and opioid addiction is a growing problem in Connecticut.
There will be an informational presentation and discussion for medical and mental health professionals in Ridgefield.
Topics to be covered include the following:
- Current data regarding opioid epidemic nationally and in Connecticut
- Biology of opioid addiction
- Challenges in responding to this crisis
- Broad overview of evidence based treatment options
- Assessment: Is your patient using or abusing opioids, when to worry
- Narcan/naloxone: what is it, who can use it and other relevant facts
A light breakfast will be served.
RSVP by April 26 to Laura Cleary, at email@example.com or call 203-431-1893.
The RVNA is at 27 Governor St.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.