RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – Multiplatinum singer Ann Hampton Callaway will bring to the Ridgefield Playhouse a celebration of Barbra Streisand on Nov. 16.
Callaway is perhaps best known for her Tony-nominated performance in the hit Broadway musical Swing! and for writing the theme song for the TV show “The Nanny.”
And given that Callaway has written several songs for Streisand, doing a tribute show has been called fitting. Among the songs Callaway will perform are “Evergreen,” “People,” “Cry Me a River,” “Starting Here, Starting Now” and “Don’t Rain on My Parade.”
Callaway recently recorded and performed the award-winning show “Sibling Revelry” with her sister, Broadway star Liz Callaway. Callaway has also produced two critically acclaimed public television specials called “Singer’s Spotlight With Ann Hampton Callaway,” featuring Liza Minnelli and Christine Ebersole.
For tickets — $45 orchestra, $40 mezzanine — call the box office at 203-438-5795. For more information on the Ridgefield Playhouse, visit the website.
- 1 Dad Charged In Son's Death In Hot Car In Ridgefield Allowed To Leave State
- 2 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Ridgefield
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Fairfield County